E. V. Bibliography: Vermeer's Materials and Painting Techniques
If you have corrections or suggestions for any of the Essential Vermeer Online Bibliographies, please send them to the author and webmaster of this site, firstname.lastname@example.org
- COSTARAS, Nicola, "A Study of the Materials and Techniques of Johannes Vermeer," in Vermeer Studies, edited by Ivan Gaskell and Michiel Jonker, eds., Studies in the History of Art 55, Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts, Symposium Papers XXXIII, (Washington, National Gallery of Art, and New Haven: Yale University Press)1998. pp.145–167.
- FINK, Daniel A.," Vermeer's Use of the Camera Obscura : A Comparative Study." The Art Bulletin 53, 1971.
- GIFFORD, Melanie, "Painting Light: Recent Observations on Vermeer's Technique," in Vermeer Studies, New Haven and London, 1998.
- GROEN, Karin M.., Inez D. van der Werf, KIaas Jan van den Berg, and Jaap J. Boon, "Scientific Examination of Vermeer's Girl with a Pearl Earring" in Vermeer Studies, New Haven and London, 1998, pp.169–183.
- JANSON, Jonathan, Looking Over Vermeer's Shoulders: Seventeenth-Century Dutch Fine Painting Techniques and Studio Practices with Particular Focus on the Work of Johannes Vermeer (second edition), USA, 2016
- KUHN, Herman, "A Study of the Pigments and the Grounds used by Jan Vermeer.," Reports and Studies in the History of Art, National Gallery of Art (Washington, 1968).
- NEIDHART, Uta and GIEBE, Marlies with essays by Albert Blankert, Chrisitne Klose, Johann Koller, Annalise Mayer-Meintsschel et. al., Johannes Vermeer 'Bei der Kupplerin,' exh. cat., Dresden, 2004.
- STEADMAN, Phillip, Vermeer's Camera: Uncovering the Truth behind the Masterpieces, 2001.
- WADUM Jørgen, "Contours of Vermeer," in Vermeer Studies, New Haven and London, 1998, pp.201–223.
- WADUM Jørgen, Rene Hoppenbrouwers and Luuk Struick van der Loeff, Vermeer illuminated: Conservation, Restoration and Research, a report on the restoration of the "View of Delft" and the "Girl with a Pearl Earring," [Mauritshuis (The Hague:V+K Publishing, Inmerc) 1994. [in French as: Vermeer en plein jour: conservation, restauration et recherche].
- WHEELOCK, Arthur K., Jr., Vermeer and the Art of Painting, New Haven: Yale Univ. Press, 1995.
- WHEELOCK, Arthur K., Jr. et al., Johannes Vermeer, exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington and Royal Cabinet of Paintings Mauritshuis, (Washington and the Hague) 1995.